These Tiny Home Kits Let You Build A House Made Of Wood Bricks
Date Published: 07/31/2019 10:52 AM
Brikawood is a genius way of building a home that makes it look like bricks made of wood. What makes this product even more genius is the fact that you don't need nails, screws, or glue to put it together and you won't need anti rain or anti vapor membranes due to the tight seal between each wood brick. These wood bricks interlock using "dovetail joints" in a way that is designed to be strong and sturdy AS IS!
This French company wanted to find a way to design and create homes that are eco friendly. Homes built with Brikawood bricks consume 90% less energy for heating than existing construction thanks to their design and the eco-certified Douglas wood that is used.
With these kits you have the option of hiring someone to come and put your Brikahome together for you, or you can opt to call in reinforcements and build your home on your own! If you decide to build on your own you will get a detailed plan that will guide you on every step of the construction - no sophisticated tooling or skills required! It seems so easy I think even my husband could do it...
What Brikawood Sizes Are Available?
The housing kits come in a number of sizes
- Model Jill is a 1,291 SQFT home that includes three bedrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room, and bathroom
- Model Jade is 1,076 SQFT and includes three bedrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room, and bathroom
- Model Jude is 915 SQFT and features three bedrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room, and bathroom
- Model Josy is 646 SQFT and includes two bedrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room, and bathroom
- And the smallest is the Studio Kit which is a 20 square meters large and features two rooms...why 2 square meters you ask? Because in France 20m2 is the largest size building you can build without needing a construction permit - clever!
Does Brikawood Offer Different Configurations?
Yes! The company offers a number of fixture and fittings options à la carte that vary depending on the configuration you choose.
What Is Included With a Brikawood Kit?
With this kit you will get the wooden bricks, the underfloor, the roof, walls, insulation, the woodwork and the assembly plans. You also have the option to get the electrical system, plumbing and interior fittings for an additional cost.
Check out a Brikawood house being built in the below video!
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel